South Central Railway Tenders
With the introduction of South Central Railway e-procurement
portal, railway tenderers can open tenders online and upload their tender documents. Center for Railway Information Systems (CRIS) has designed a user-friendly and secure portal which allows bidders to participate in the South Central Railway online tendering
process in a fair, transparent and a secure manner. The portal ensures complete confidentiality and security throughout the download of tender documents, submission of bids and even the evaluation process.
To access the tender documents vendors need to register themselves on the website. Authorised bidders can view tabulations online and submit their bids online in an encrypted format. They will receive timely alerts in the form of SMS/ email for important events. The tenderers can make online payments for tender document fee through a direct debit facility available at State Bank of India.
- Online tenders related to various zones of the Railways and productions units are listed at www.ireps.gov.in.
- Registered vendors must buy a class 3 digital signature certificate to bid for the tenders. The certificate has to be registered with the name of the organisation. Tenderers can easily buy digital signature certificate online in India from any certifying authority licensed by CCA. Within its validity period, the certificate can be used for participation in online tenders in India.
- Authorised bidders should have a valid and an active e-mail account to submit their registration request. They can submit their request online on the South Central Railway e-procurement portal. During the registration process, the vendor has to sign digitally using his/ her digital signature certificate. After the verification process, the user will receive vendor id, login id and password via email.
- Every bid submitted for online tendering should be signed digitally using a valid digital signature. The bid should be submitted before the closing time and date of the specific tender. The tenderer will receive a bid receipt indicating date and time of receipt of the bid, in an HTML format.
- As per the Information Technology Act, 2000, only a digitally signed document is considered valid. The receiver of the electronic signature can verify the identity of the receiver via the signature.
- The vendor will receive the digital certificate in the form of a USB token, in the name of the authorised individual and the company on behalf of which he/ she will bid. The user can submit the commercial offers online.
- The 'Financial rate page' contains all the bids submitted. To ensure confidentiality and security, the data on this page is stored and transmitted in an encrypted format. The data will remain in an encrypted format till the opening date and time of the tender. Highest levels of data security standards, are used in the activity, as provided and approved by the Certification Authority.
- All bids submitted online will be secure in a time locked electronic tender box. As mandated, these can be opened by two authorised railway officials who have digital permissions through digital certificates. The certificates are issued in their names and verified by the Railway.