Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd eProcurement / HAL Tender
Sify SafeScrypt (Sify) is licensed by the Controller of Certifying Authorities (CCA) to issue valid digital signature certificates
for electronic authentication of users. Tenderers who wish to participate in the e-procurement in India, e-tendering in India, etc can avail these certificates. Digital signatures are legally valid and play a crucial role in verifying the identity of users online.
The Information Technology Act provides for the Controller of Certifying Authorities (CCA) to license and regulate the working of Certifying Authorities and to ensure that none of the provisions of the Act are violated.
Indian citizens/organisations need to provide their PAN card details for obtaining a DSC. However, foreigners who wish to bid for HAL e-procurement
, may leave the field for 'PAN card' blank, as PAN card is essential for bidders who pay income tax in India.
To help familiarise tenderers with the HAL online tenders
portal, training sessions are available. Interested vendors may send their request and book their training slots via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org). The training slots will be assigned on first -come-first-serve basis.
An e-token contains a chip in which users can store a data such as user names, licenses, passwords, credentials, cryptographic keys or other data. Security features in the e-token do not allow the information to be duplicated. The user's digital certificate is stored in the e-token. At a given time, only one certificate can be stored in an e-token.
The e-token manufacturer provides the drivers to recognise the e-token. The drivers have to be installed in the user's computer. The vendors can install the drivers from the CD provided along with the e-token. As per the instructions in the CD, insert the e-token in the USB drive. Along with installation of drivers, it is important to follow these steps:
- Add the HAL eprocurement portal as a trusted website
- Enable the Active X controls in the browser (Internet Explorer v 6.0 or higher is recommended)
- Install the certificates - Root and Chain of the CCA (provided in the CD by the DSC provider)
- Vendors should remember your password and save it in a secure location. If the user attempts using an incorrect password for more than 15 times, the e-token will be disabled. The certificate will not be retrieved. The tenderer will have to apply for a new digital certificate.
- The registration authority (RA) provides the DSC in an e-token in .PFX format. This file cannot be copied or saved on any other device.
- The RA provides a default password at the time of issue of the certificate. The vendors must modify the password use the same for (HAL) e-procurement activity.
- Formatting or initialising the e-token will lead to loss of the DSC.